Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Great Day!

I had a nice lunch the other day with a dear friend from high school. Teri and I haven't seen each other since then, but we've stayed in touch through Facebook. She was coming up to Maine from New York to visit with family, so we took advantage of the time and got together at Grazianos Casa Mia for a nice lunch. Grazianos is a popular destination for the most amazing Italian food, and it just so happens that we went to school with both Mary and Joey Graziano. The food and conversation was wonderful, and I can't wait to do it again the next time she's in town!

Teri is an AMAZING quilter. I am blown away with how intricate her designs are and at how beautifully she uses colors in her creations. It's all I can do to machine stitch a straight line, and yet she is incredibly elaborate with her stitching...I'm jealous! Please visit her blog, Terificreations, to view all her beautiful quilts (some have won various awards and have been published) or for tips and techniques. You won't be disappointed.
I wanted to give her a handmade gift, so I made this set of greeting cards for her to take home with her. It's one of my favorites to make (I've done this design before and you can purchase it in my Etsy shop).
Each card measures approximately 4.25" x 5.5" and is handmade using mostly scraps (I say mostly because I'm still not all that eager to dig through my stash for everything!). I used a lot of vintage items - buttons, lace and book pages along with glitter and pearls. What girl doesn't like glitter and pearls! I was happy with the way they turned out, and I'm planning on TRYING to make her a card set inspired by one of her quilts for next time.

Thank you for spending some of your precious time with me.

Warmly,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!