Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My sweet sidekick

With three children I never really have time to myself, and I'm honestly okay with that. I get to go to the store every once in a blue moon all alone, but for the most part I have all three or at least one of my daughters with me all the time. ALL the time. I know I'm not alone in my lack of privacy even in the bathroom.

I cherish every single moment with them because I realize that in a blink of an eye they'll be grown women with children of their own, and if I'm lucky, they won't have privacy in the bathroom either. ;o)

What I love the most is the way my youngest, sweet Kenzie, will come into my office every so often and just kiss me on my arm (it happens to be at the right level when I'm sitting at my desk). She does it so randomly and without provocation. Just beyond sweet, right? She will also ask for me to take her picture. I, of course, oblige and now have quite a collection of her standing next to my desk with some sort of prop.Here she is with a flower she picked on our afternoon walk. She added the hand knit necklace that her sister gave her because she thought it added to the whole "hula girl" thing. NOTE: Please don't think I paid for that haircut. She decided that she was going to do it herself, and explained while I was having a breakdown, that it wasn't her fault...she just went crazy.
This one was taken not in December when you'd expect to see Santa, but just a few short weeks ago. She noticed it in a box in the basement while she was helping me move things around and HAD to have it. It sings a silly song that was cute at first but soon became annoying.
And this picture has to be one of my favorites. She has an old large beaded necklace from my costume jewelry box on her head. She just thought it made her look like a princess, and so did I for that matter.
My sweet Kenzie, makes me feel so loved with her impromptu kisses, and she reminds me to treasure every single moment...every single day.

Remember to take a picture today!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!