Thursday, September 16, 2010

A happy sister makes for a happy Mandee

Yesterday I mentioned receiving a holiday basket from my Scrapbook.com friend, Starr, and that I had to emphatically refuse my sister's offer to buy it.  It turns out, she actually wanted to give it to a colleague as a birthday gift.  Well, I couldn't let that opportunity pass, so I made her one this afternoon. 
Side one
It has the same look as the one I made to send Starr with the exception of the butterflies and the crepe paper border.
Side two
I created the tags on each side using the Mariposa line from DCWV.  The colors are so vivid and the added splashes of glitter put it over the top gorgeous!  I cut out the individual butterflies to give it that layered look I love so much.

I used a Martha Stewart border punch on the handle rather than adding a ribbon or seam binding as I did with the first basket.  I thought it created a nice whimsy touch that complimented the feel of the rest of the basket.  Also added the cut wine corks for feet.

Since my sister mentioned that she was giving this as a gift, I also created a matching birthday card.  Got make the rent somehow!  ; )
The inside is stamped "Happy Birthday"and embellished with Prima pearls and flourishes.

I used the same Mariposa paper from DCWV and added a hand cut and glittered frame with buttons tied up in baker's string.  The satin ribbon is a beautiful deep sea blue that just pops against the dark rust-orange of the background.  Not a color combination that I use often, but I think it looks rich.  The flowers are paper and cheesecloth.

My sister was happy, and simply put, so was I.  I was even happier when she paid me for it!  Not gonna lie!  She gets the family discount.  The family discount is her asking me how much and me replying "whatever you think".  I really have a hard time "selling" my pieces to family, but they always treat me well.

Another good day, friends!  I hope you had one too.
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!