Thursday, July 8, 2010

A whale of a time...for a dollar?

I love the Dollar Store. I wouldn't exactly buy frozen food (yes, they now have a frozen food section) or anything you would put on your face, but for the everyday items like shampoo, deodorant, frames, flip flops, party favors and the like, it's fantastic! I found these heavy chipboard coasters (10 for a $1.00) quite a while back and bought two packages with the idea that I could use them for some sort of project. Well, I finally figured out what that something could be: party invitations!

They're the perfect size at 3.5" x 3.5" and they come in a variety of colors and designs. For this project, I decided to cover both sides with the Crate Paper Static Collection. I hand cut the whale out of the same paper and attached a grosgrain ribbon (also from the Static Collection) along the bottom for a wave effect. A stamped flourish for the water coming out of the blow hole, a Kaiser pearl for the eye and a stamped sentiment...voila! Simple and cute, if you ask me.Because of their size, I didn't have envelopes they would fit in, so I used glassine bags. You can purchase them here at thewrappery on Etsy for a reasonable price and they're nice to have on hand for such occasions. Admittedly, I use them quite often since I tend to go overboard (if there is such a thing) with embellishments! A little stamp on the bags with hang tags and they're ready to be delivered.
There is a space on the back of each for the party information. I created these on the computer and printed them out. Again, simple.
This invitations pack would certainly start any party right for a special little boy and can be purchased in my Etsy shop.
What have you done with your Dollar Store find?
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!