Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Not My Obsession

I hope everyone had a nice July 4th. It was warm enough here that we spent two days at the beach just relaxing and trying to stay cool. We also had a BBQ at my parent's (on the coolest day of the long three day weekend). I absolutely love spending time with family, and we all had such a blast. Speaking of blast...we went to the fireworks in the next town over, and I have to say that it was the best display that I've seen in quite some time. The girls were in awe!

Switching the subject a bit. My husband is obsessed with how many miles he gets on a tank of gas. Anytime he goes anywhere or fills up, he's jotting down numbers on scraps of paper and receipts to figure out whether or not he's losing mileage somewhere. He's done it for as long as I can remember, and yet I'm confused as to how he can remember which mileage scrap of paper goes with which fill up receipt. I guess he has his own system, but I thought I'd make him something he could keep in his glove box that would keep everything together. This is what I came up with:
It's a Travel Journal of sorts made using one 12x12 sheet of Making Memories paper. I folded it in half and then in quarters to get a 3" x 6" book. I ended up with 6 pages in total.

Pages 1 & 2. There is a tag hanging on the inside where he can record the date, beginning and ending mileage and then the MPG information. There is also a small manila style folder where he can jot down the current gas prices.


Pages 3 & 4. These two pages are for any expenses he'd like to remember. I even included an envelope for storing the receipts.



Pages 5 & 6. Another tag for beginning and ending mileage and lots of space for any other notes he'd like to make.



I stuck with a travel theme using lots of vintage printed images and masculine items. He was surprised with his little gift and started using it immediately.

Simple yet very functional and small enough to tuck away into a glove box or back pocket. Of course, it won't take DH long to fill it up and request another.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Warmly,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!