Friday, July 9, 2010

Revisting the old for something new...

I don't know about you, but I'm struggling on a very tight budget these days, so any sort of business advertising is virtually out of the question (unless it's free!). I passed by a bulletin board the other day and it was full of items to be sold and people asking for rides (all the things a public bulletin board should be used for), but everything was all jumbled together and hard to read. There were a dozen or so business cards hanging up there as well....getting lost in the clutter.

I have business cards that I usually include in my packaging and pass out every now and then, but for the most part they just collect dust. What if I made something to put my business cards in...something that stood out and got noticed? I came up with this. I took some gold parchment paper and backed it with a heavier cardstock and sent it through the printer to get my business name and slogan at the top, then I folded up the bottom a bit to make a pocket for my cards. I ran it through the sewing machine and started embellishing. I printed off a few of the items that I usually make such as cards, journals, stationary, gift tags & bags, memory albums and the such, cut them up, distressed them a bit and attached them with some alpha brads that spell out "handmade". Added a bit of vintage lace, a metal key from K&Company and a couple of flowers I made out of old drafting paper. For the top, I attached a grosgrain ribbon and finished the back off with another sheet of gold parchment paper so none of the brad backs or stitching showed.An OLD way to get business, but I've got my fingers crossed that it will bring me NEW customers.
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!