Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Holiday Basket Swap

I was asked to participate in a holiday basket swap by Deb (DKravec) at Scrapbook.com.  My first and certainly not my last!  If you've never done one, then you should make it a priority.  Honestly, it's fun AND you get goodies in return - the best part!  I'm not gonna lie!! 

Here is the Thanksgiving basket that I'll be sending to Starr (Stormydog).
First side
I absolutely love the colors of fall...the deep reds and greens.  I also used some cream to help the vintage images pop a bit.
Side view
I added feet to the bottom of the basket using cut up wine corks.
Second side
I tucked a bit of tulle inside the basket and a few Maine pine cones (hand painted and glittered, of course!).  I'm also going to add few of my handmade items:   a purse-sized embellished notebook and a package of vintage style tags that she can use for any occasion.

I also finished a Christmas basket and this one will be sent to Trisha (TrishaLouise).  I strayed from the usual reds and greens of the holidays and instead went with teal and white.  I love the combination as it reminds me of winter.

First side
This basket has more of a vintage feel.  The flowers were created using torn paper, vintage dictionary pages and cheesecloth.  The center is an old vintage earring.

Second side
The frames for the printed vintage images were hand drawn, cut and glittered.

Side view
Again, I tucked a little tulle inside to give it a more finished look.  I'm going to add a few pine cones, a handmade gift card holder and a package of my vintage tags.

These were so fun to make that I'm tempted to add it to my already overwhelming list of things to make for the holiday season.  Make sure to stop in at Reverie Creations and check out the holiday section for some great gift ideas!

I appreciate the time you've spent with me.
Have a wonderful day.
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!