Saturday, September 10, 2011

...September Tag...

A couple of months ago, I challenged myself to do a tag representing each month.  This is September's tag.
It's made with scraps...everything was either lying around leftover from a previous project or something I had taken out and never put away (which happens more than I care to admit).  The image was printed and never used because of the coloring ( I think my printer was low on ink), but I thought it would work just fine for this project.
 
Nothing fancy and no real techniques to cheer about, but September reminds me of the start of school, and so I reflected that in this tag. 
I started with a standard shipping tag and covered it with a page from an old children's book.  I then sprayed it using Glimmer Mist in Tattered Rose.  The edges were distressed and inked with Tim Holtz Distressing Inks in Tea Dye and Black Soot.  I then added a piece of an old rusty screen for texture.
The layers were added after that using Making Memories Flea Market paper and pink alphabet gaffer tape that I think I got from Oriental Trading.  A touch of vintage lace and buttons and a painted mini clothes pin (Tim Holtz Distress Crackle in Broken China) round out most of the embellishments.  I did add an old bottle cap to the lower right hand corner because it looked as if it needed something else.  The epoxy sticker was one I found in a pile and I can't remember who made it.  The 'wishes' metal brad on the clothes pin is from K&Company.  I also add some embossing to the image for added interest.  A little piece of crinkle seam binding and voile...September's tag.

I'm working on a couple of challenges for Moxie Fab World and The Shabby Tea Room, so I'll post those once they're finished.
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you find some time to create.
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!