Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday the 13th - My lucky day!

I've never been the superstitious type. I've never run away from a black cat, I've taken the short cut under a wayward ladder, I've even participated in a seance on a Friday the 13th back in high school, but my husband takes the superstitious cake. He's been known to use a vacation day from work just so he can avoid any unlucky mishaps. Let me just say, my husband does not need Friday the 13th for his lack of luck...oh, the stories I could tell!

That all changed minutes after our daughter was born three years ago. She arrived on March 13, 2006 at 11:35pm. He went from complete joy to panic in seconds. The realization hit him - there was no getting away from this momentous occasion eventually falling on a Friday somewhere down the road. He smiled nervously, took my hand and asked (in all seriousness) why I couldn't have waited just 26 more minutes before letting her out. Letting her out? Like I had a choice. If I had had a choice, she would have been out 11 hours earlier - saving me the extra 10 hours of beautiful natural labor! Needless to say, he never mentioned the inconvenience of Mackenzie's birth date again...until today.

"Do you realize that today is Kenzie's third birthday AND it's Friday the 13th?" "That's month 3, on the 13th day and she's turning 3!" "That's way too many threes." I hadn't realized that threes, in general, were bad luck.

My first belly laugh for today and at 7:00am! Lovin' my husband!

How could a face like that be wrapped up in his superstitious-ness? Oh, we're celebrating her birthday this Sunday afternoon so my husband won't have a stroke. *giggle*

My day just kept getting better, too! I got all the goodies I had ordered from a fellow Etsian. I just love getting presents - in the mail or in person! Aren't they wonderful? I have so many ideas for them. Thanks, 5dollarfrenchmarket! Please visit Etsy sometime...buy and support handmade!


Well, I'm on my way to pick up my two oldest from school. Have a great day, and remember to laugh at least once!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!