Sunday, March 4, 2012

Better late than never...February's Tag

I know I'm late on posting February's tag, but it's been extremely overwhelming these last few weeks.  I did manage to get everything put away so that this 'new' apartment feels a bit like home, but I still find myself running in circles looking for things.  In time, the girls and I will fall into some sort of routine and life will move forward on a positive note rather than running in slow motion as it has been lately.

So, with that said.  Here is February's tag:
Although I haven't been feeling the love, I went with a Valentine's theme this month.  The printed vintage image is one of my favorites and the hand cut heart embossed with Tim Holtz's Tattered Rose embossing powder and Crackle Paint in Picket Fence adds a touch of vintage.
Vintage laces, doilies, and buttons tie it all together along with some distressed crinkle seam binding.  I added some Prima vines and leaves to the flowers just because, and outlined the image to help it stand out as the focal point.


I've been working on some paper Hydrangea balls for a customer who is interested in using them for her son's wedding centerpieces.  
She's impressed with the structure of my balls compared to the one she picked up at Michael's, but it's been hit or miss trying to get the paper in just the right ivory color.  I have faith that I can come through for her.  It's quite an honor to be asked to create something for such a momentous occasion.

As always, I appreciate your time and hope you'll stop back soon.  
Have a wonderful day!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!