Saturday, November 14, 2009

You all know that I have an Etsy shop. It's been my passion for about a year now, and I finally got my first special order. One of my repeat customers (I am so thankful for her) asked me if I could make her an upcycled notebook with a vintage feel with some sort of inspirational saying on the front. That was my direction, and this is what I came up with.
I took some My Minds Eye Laundry Line paper and a little bit of vintage lace and the rest just fell into place. I absolutely love My Minds Eye. They have so many beautiful floral patterns that it's almost hard to choose which one to start with let alone cut up. The large daisy is from the Oriental Trading Company. I've ordered quite a bit from their scrapbooking embellishment line. They've certainly come a long way from the party favors. The small brown paper flower is of course Prima with an added a vintage button and a piece of hemp cord tied in the middle. The tag was traced out and stamped with sentiments from The Scrappy Cat vintage line. Love them too! I heat embossed some of the words to add a bit more interest and added Kaiser Craft pearls to anchor it a bit.
The inside got a little attention as well. I made a small library card pocket from a template downloaded somewhere off the internet. Sorry I don't remember where from, but I find quite a few templates on line. I also found the bookplate online as well.
My loyal customer was very pleased with the outcome, and I couldn't be happier. It's all in the details.
Thanks for spending some time with me.
Have a great day!
Hugs,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!