Friday, March 6, 2009

There is ALWAYS a first

Well, I've just come to realize that I need a blog...or so it seems. Every single scrapbooking or cardmaking site with posted challenges and calls for design team members asks for your personal blog and gallery information. If I want to further my career in paper then I guess I need to plug my nose and jump into the blogging pond. So, here I am attempting to familiarize myself with what to do and how to do it...we won't even touch whether or not I have anything of interest to say.

I'm thinking that the first logical step would be to introduce myself. My name is Mandee and I'm addicted to paper! There, I've said it. I've been creative ever since I can remember, but scrapbooking and card making have only started to take over my waking hours for about three years now. Before that, I would draw or dabble in painting. I was lucky enough to have a few of my drawings hanging in a local museum during a special showing for the school of art I was attending at the time (many many many years ago - you probably get the point). I have to admit that I really didn't believe that I belonged there. I was just amazed at some of the talent, and then there was a drawing by little 'ole me...didn't seem to fit in, but I guess we all feel that way sometimes when we've put ourselves out there like artwork does.

I'm a SAHM to three beautiful girls who range in ages from 3 to 9. I'm married to a wonderful man who is recently retired from the Navy after serving 20 years. He is now employed with a government contractor and is starting on his second career. I have this fantasy that one day my paper obsession will pave the way for him to retire a second time a little earlier. We can dream, right?

Anyway, I still love to draw, but I need to be in the right state of mind in order to start something (and with three young, active children that doesn't come easy); whereas in paper crafting, you only need to sit down with the right patterned paper and ideas just flood in.


I've included in this first time ever post a couple of cards I just finished for my Etsy store. I certainly hope you like them.








































No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!