Friday, June 17, 2011

Father's Day

Father's Day is on Sunday, and I've been working on a few items for my Dads (and my husband).  I like to create a gift as I think it's a little more personal, and what Dad doesn't like a handmade item from his baby girl (though I hate to admit that I'm far from being a baby girl these days)?
It's hard to come up with something original (rather something that I haven't already made), and this idea came to me while changing the air freshener in my van...what about a picture of that someone special hanging from your rear view mirror?  I know that my father adores his grand girls, so he'd appreciate having them with him whenever he's on his way to or from work or on the way to the store.

This is the front view~
~and you have to have a picture on the reverse side~
I also created one for my biological father using the same pictures:
The reverse:
I absolutely love these pictures of my girls.  We were visiting Popham Beach State Park, and we had such a great time that day!

My youngest is 5, and although she created a beautiful picture for her Dad at Preschool, I thought he'd appreciate a picture of his little girl hanging from his rear view mirror as well.
This picture was taken at their very first Father/Daughter dance...they had such a great time and made some precious memories.
The reverse shows a picture of her looking for shells at Popham Beach State Park.

These were super easy to make, and I used quite a bit of my scraps (I have bins and baskets full!).  The base is a standard (store bought) tag card that I cut down to around 5" x 4".

If you haven't already thought of something for Father's Day, maybe you should get busy deciding on what to do...you only have two days left!
Have a wonderful weekend!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!