Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A journey to love...

"There is only one happiness in life ~ to love and to be loved."
George Sand
How sweet is!  I can remember falling in love for the very first time.  Although we parted a few years later, I will never forget that feeling...as if every tiny euphoric moment was dancing on my skin.  All was perfect with the world, and I wanted it to last forever, but like all good things, it came to an end.  A rather abrupt and permanent end.

I see him every once in a while at the store or walking down the street, and I remember that lovely feeling of new love from way back when (though I am thankful for our subsequent demise).  I've been in love a few more times since, and each is ideal in it's own way...just a different dance.

With that being said, there is a reason I've dragged you down memory lane.  I have a customer who is in the midst of planning her wedding, and she asked me to create a journal where she could memorialize all the little moments that led her to the love of her life.
And since I'm a romantic...

For "Journey to Love", I started with a vintage 1913 Webster's School Dictionary.  
The cover was such a beautiful deep burgundy.
inside front cover and page 1
page 2 ~ page 3
I used quite a few antique items from my personal stash as well as some printed vintage images of young couples in love.
page 4 ~ page 5
In between pages 4 and 5, I inserted an embellished envelope to store little mementos. I also included a small glassine bag with a few dried rose petals (from a bouquet my husband gave me years ago).
page 6 ~ page 7
There are a total of 8 embellished pages with pockets and double-sided tags.  I also included fifty (50) sheets of hand torn paper. 
It was so much fun creating this journal, and it brought back so many pleasant memories.  I certainly hope you take some time to reflect on all the little moments that have brought you closer to understanding the "one happiness in life".

Enjoy!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!