Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm in heaven!

I hope that everyone had a fantastic Father's Day.  I took my Dad to breakfast at one of our local diners and then spent some time hanging at his house.  He loved the picture of his grand girls (to hang from the rear view mirror of his car).  I also gave him a One Republic CD and a Henley shirt.  He asked for both.  He has great taste in music.
It was a beautiful day in every way.  I spent the afternoon lounging out in the sun while reading a book.  Something I don't get to enjoy very often, so I relished every single second.  I also took a few photos of my beautiful rose bush.  It's gotten so big and is starting to bud.  I swear by the coffee grounds!
So today is Tuesday and it's back to the normal/hectic schedule of school (summer) vacation.  I have five children home with me ranging in ages from 5 to 11.  I love having them here, but I'm already hearing the infamous 'I'm bored' and 'Can we go somewhere'.  It's frustrating because I still have things I'm responsible for here at home.  I'm constantly pushing them to go outside and use their imaginations.  I do have to admit that I love the beach as much as they do and I've taken them twice already...I'm falling behind in my chores!

I also love surprises and I received a nice surprise yesterday.  The UPS man made a stop here at my house with a package from Cream City Ribbon
Over 150 yards of gorgeous 100% biodegradable American made ribbon!  I'm in heaven!!
My imagination is going wild, and I can't wait to start creating with it!
I'll be sure and share.

Have a great day, my friends!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!