Monday, June 6, 2011

Words aren't enough

My daughter, Madison, and nephew, Kolby, are both finishing up second grade this year.  They've been blessed with the same teacher since the beginning of first grade.  Miss Morrow.  Not only has Miss Morrow fostered a love of school and learning, but she's instilled a sense of confidence and an understanding of true friendship in each and every one of her students. 

I've personally witnesses an incredible change in my daughter since meeting Miss Morrow.  She's gone from an excessively shy little girl to an active participant in the gifted program, while my nephew has emerged from his shell with a zest for life and the ability to make new friends.

Two years is certainly long enough to form a special bond but not nearly long enough when it must come to an end.

Teachers like Miss Morrow who invest not only their precious time but willingly offer a piece of themselves to each student are rare.  It's not lost on the parents of her students either, and we intend to present her with a one-of-a-kind memory album.  Each parent is creating a scrapbook page of their child and including letters from both parent and child.  I think it's the perfect gift when words aren't enough to express our sincere gratitude.

This is the page that I created of my daughter:

My Madison has the most contagious smile, and I wanted to capture it's beauty.  Our letters are written on individual tags tucked inside the envelope.
This is the page I did of my nephew, Kolby.  My sister claims she is devoid of any artistic talent.  I don't believe her, but I did it anyway because I love doing anything creative.
Kolby is unique.  He's a loner with his own way of viewing the world.  I chose pictures that reflected this.  Their letters are also written on tags tucked into little coin envelopes that I created from coordinating patterned papers.
The last day of school is June 13th, and we're presenting Miss Morrow the album sometime before that.  I hope to get some pictures of the completed project beforehand so that I can share it with you.

Until then, have a wonderful Monday!
M.

UPDATE: 
I finished the cover to the album and wanted to post a picture.
I also added an element to Kolby's page.  I thought that the third coin envelope should have something in it, so I created a "living" tag on a popsicle stick and stuck it in.

Thanks for peeking!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!