Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's WICKED awesome...and a great idea too!!

For me, 2010 brings a new opportunity (again!) to better organize myself, my craft area, and all those special family moments that I want to scrap. With three young girls and a hard working husband, I don't have a lot of chances to sit down and scrap that birthday party from last weekend...it usually happens that I find the time months down the road and then I can't find that certain picture or I've forgotten that silly 'something' someone said.
My Mind's Eye has a challenge going on that I thought was a WICKEDLY AWESOME idea. For the month of January, you are to create an album (for the year) and at the beginning of every month, starting in February, you document your own personal "Top Ten" for the previous month. You can choose to document your favorite ten books, movies, restaurants visited, or family moments as I am. I've designed my album using blank pages for journaling and envelopes for storing pictures and memorabilia. That way I won't forget the moment or lose the pictures, and it will all be in one place when I'm finally ready to create that layout.

My album measures approximately 6"x8" and is divided monthly by tabbed pages. I've used paper from MME Laundry Line as well as some Jenni Bowlin, MME die-cuts, chipboard accessories, and rub-ons, American Crafts felt flowers, Tim Holtz distress ink, Shimmerz Spritz and ribbon and brads from my personal stash. I also took advantage of the number sheet provided by MME designer, Jen Allyson Nugent.

As you can see, I really took this opportunity to play around with the Shimmerz since I haven't really had that much experience in using it. What fun I had!

I inserted a tag in the months where there was a birthday as well. A reminder of sorts that there should be pictures of a party that month!
I put a handmade envelope on the back of every monthly tabbed page for storage.
On the inside of the back cover, I put a larger envelope for any miscellaneous pictures or scraps.
That's my album, and I expect it will serve it's purpose well in helping me stay organized enough to remember every special moment in 2010. I hope you join My Mind's Eye and create your own "Top Ten for 2010".
Have a wonderful day!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!