Friday, January 15, 2010

News Flash: Watch out for 3000 year old baby!

"He's a 3000 year old baby with wings, he shoots love-tipped arrows into unsuspecting people, and his name is Cupid: The God of Love."


I don't think I'd much appreciate being shot with any arrow, love-tipped or not, but I do welcome the notion that Cupid was spreading the love. The stories and myths differ depending on who you're hearing them from, but I choose to believe that Cupid was a man so enamoured with a certain someone that he initiated the holiday we celebrate today. Of course, there are reasons for my stand. First, and foremost, I am a woman...and what woman doesn't like all the attention she gets on Valentine's Day? Though I also think that we shouldn't wait for Valentine's Day to show someone how much we love them. Use the many opportunities that present themselves throughout the year. And second, I have an Etsy shop that sells handmade cards for such occasions. Selfish, I know, but this Mom has three girls to put through college.

That being said, here are a few of the cards I've just recently listed.

"Love Bingo" ~ Making Memories paper, Jenni Bowlin bingo card, 7 Gypsies photo turn and brad, stamped image, JoAnn paperclip, doily, vintage book page, ribbon, and glitter glue.

"Valentine's Day" ~ Cardstock, acrylic paint, Making Memories paper and stamp, K&Company paper, Making Memories glitter daisy, ribbon, butterfly trim, vintage button and twine.

"Be Mine" ~ DCWV paper, printed vintage image, acrylic paint, Adornit scallop edge, vintage button, ribbon scraps, and paper lace trim.

"Happy Valentine's Day" ~ Bazzill cardstock, DCWV paper, vintage printed image, Making Memories stamp, Kasier gems, ribbon, vintage button and twine.

"You Are My Sunshine" ~ K&Company paper, Stemma paper, My Mind's Eye paper and die-cut accessories, Bazzill cardstock, Jenni Bowlin pearl flowers, vintage doily scraps, vintage buttons, Kaiser pearls, ribbon, fiber and stamps from stash.

I hope you're taking some time to figure out a special way to tell the ones you love how much you appreciate them. Remember, a handmade card says it in a unique way. If you haven't given it a second thought, then I'd watch out for that 3000 year old baby!

Laugh at least once today!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!