Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Are wrinkles and a waddle "dirty" enough?

I finally finished my layout for the first challenge over at Dirty Scraps. I had a hard time letting myself get "dirty" (in the sense of getting really personal). What's the point of scrapping a pet peeve if you don't let it all hang out???

I completed one layout of all the messy dishes left in the sink. I hate it that I'm the only one who can manage to put them into that shiny black thing not 12" away...it's called the dishwasher for a reason, people! I tossed it aside. Not because I didn't like the way it turned out, but because it wasn't "real" enough for me.

I wanted to go a bit more personal, so I started on another one. This time I scrapped a REAL pet peeve. Wrinkles and a waddle - of which I am blessed with both (HUGE amount of sarcasm there). I have to tell you that I hate having my picture taken as much as I hate being obsessed with getting old, but here it is:


So, my pet peeve consists of looking old. I know that age is just a number and I feel 20...I just don't look it anymore and that's where my problem lies. The other part of the challenge was to find some kind of positive spin on your pet peeve. For me, this was easy. The unconditional love of my three beautiful baby girls. No matter how awful I think I look, or whether or not I'm tripping over said waddle, they still love me.


Supplies used: October Afternoon Cherry Hill paper, Shimmerz Spray (Treasured Hymn and Plum Pudding), Tim Holts distress ink (Antique Linen), Hero Arts stamps (long writing and wildflower), Making Memories buttons, Prima flowers, OTC flowers, Kaiser gems and Thickers chipboard and felt alpha stickers. Stash: paper bag, rusted tin screen, gold raffia, hemp cord and Prima packaging.

I hope you can find the time to visit Pinky over at Dirty Scraps and complete the challenge. The due date for this first one is January 24th. Good luck!

Remember: "Being yourself is not remaining what you were, or being satisfied with what you are. It's a point of departure." ~ Sydney Harris

Have a great day and forget about my waddle!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!