Monday, January 25, 2010

A Magnificent Obsession!

What an incredible weekend!! I was extremely busy but not the stressful kind by any stretch of the imagination. I have to say that it wouldn't have been possible without the support of my wonderful family; especially my DH.

On Saturday, I basically sat on my butt in my office all day. I participated in the Flowers to Flourishes Extravaganza 2-day Sale, and seriously went over my budget. I admit that I did so without one ounce of regret. What a sale!! I managed to get three (yea, you read that right) THREE Crate Paper kits - the Prudence, Lemongrass and Mia...just gorgeous. I also got in on the Basic Grey Granola kit and the Ki Memories Urban Era kit. I think I'm all set on paper and matching embellishments for a little while. I also got some really gorgeous bling from Prima - a total splurge but you can't blame me!!! Fancy Pants rub-ons (a set of 3), Ki Memories mini brads and an American Crafts Stamp Marker set. It was a blast!!! The other ladies participating were great fun and we had a lot of laughs. There were even door prizes to be won. I'm afraid that I'm going to have to sacrifice the venti vanilla lattes from Starbucks for a long while to save for the next one.

The sale went into Sunday, but I managed to get away for a few hours to take my girls to lunch, shopping and then we all went sliding at Albert's hill (a gathering place in the middle of town with a HUGE hill). It was great fun!!

And since it's all about balancing work and play, I managed to create six cards for my Etsy store right in the middle of it all. Here are a few of them:

"Just for You" Supplies: Crafty Secrets paper, striped grosgrain ribbon (an Etsy purchase), and buttons, bakers twine, cardstock and stamp from personal stash.
"Thank You (a whole bunch)"


Supplies: Melody Ross (GCD Studios) paper, American Crafts chipboard shapes, Tsukinek pigment ink in Coffee Bean, and buttons, bakers twine and stamp from personal stash.

"Love (is in the air)"

Supplies: Making Memories and Graphic 45 paper, Kaiser pearls, Tsukinek pigment ink in Coffee Bean, striped grosgrain ribbon (an Etsy purchase) and buttons and wire from personal stash.
"Get Well"

Supplies: 3 Bugs in a Rug paper, Tsukinek pigment ink in Coffee Bean, and cardstock, ribbon, and bakers twine from personal stash.
I also did a couple of baby girl cards, but I'll save them for another day.
"Give yourself permission to have a magnificent obsession." ~ Bernie Seigel
Definitely words to live by!!!
Have a great day!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!