Monday, June 29, 2009

Busy Weekend Survived!

Whew! Between the usual weekend grocery shopping, laundry and cleaning, I was able to help my husband install a new sink in our downstairs bathroom. Well, I did the "holding" while he installed. I did manage to get covered in plumbers gunk, so I looked the part anyway *smile*. The old sink was the pedestal style...beautiful but impractical with small children who like to hang off the front of it. It was barely attached to the wall, so we opted for the more sturdy vanity style. Not as chic as I'd like, but sometimes you have to go with what's best in the long run.

I was able to knock out a couple of layouts as well. No, I didn't get much sleep...lol. This first one was for a challenge that required using primarily reds. All three of my girls wore these rain boots. They were a favorite whether it was raining or not and they went with EVERYTHING! I used Foof-a-la and Autumn Leaves paper, Special Moments alpha stickers, and lots of stash. I was actually amazed at the amount of red I had.

This next layout is of my nephew, Kolby. He and my girls were in soccer camp together last summer. Kolby hated the warm-ups, so he made up his own. He was so cute! I used DCWV cardstock, Stash kraft and Stemma papers, Cloud 9 Designs stickers, Pink Paislee alpha stickers, Scenic Route chipboard letters, and Tsukinek chalk ink in Hint of Pesto. From my stash, I used some raffia, button, twine and of course, staples.

All in all, a very productive weekend though I'm feeling a bit run down today. No rest for the weary though...I have five kids home with me and it's raining AGAIN.
Thanks for stopping in.
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!