Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring is Near...Challenge #6 of 52

High in the 60s with sunny skies one day and snow falling the next.  Maine weather ~ if you don't like it, just wait a minute.  Having lived here since I was a little girl, I know the telltale signs of Spring even if the snow continues to fall.  The obvious sign is the singing of the birds, but the biggest sign that Spring is Near is...MUD.  Lots and lots of mud.

Maine mud season only lasts a short time, and it's tolerable with a good pair of boots and when you think of it as a precursor to the beautiful season it introduces.  So, in honor of Spring and for the weekly challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room 

(inspiration photo)
We needed to use at least three colors and dry embossing for the challenge.
I created this welcome Spring flag:
I dry embossed around the outside edges of the flag as well as the butterflies.
I'm extremely happy with the way it turned out and will list it for sale in my Etsy shop.

I'm a new member to the Scraps of Elegance kit club, and I was excited to use my very first kit (March) on this project.  
Everything went together perfectly!  I was amazed at the all beautiful embellishments (some of which were new from Winter CHA), and the Bo Bunny Country Garden paper is irresistible. I'm already looking forward to next month's kit.  I've also created a thank you card ("SWEET"), an Easter card and a card set ("TEA TIME") with this month's kit, so I'll post those pics next time.

Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check out all the gorgeous eye candy by those participating in the weekly challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room.  

Have a wonderful evening, my friends!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!