Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Vintage Lace and a German Easter Bunny

With Spring peeking around the corner, I can't help but think of Easter; especially since I have three girls that expect a visit from the Easter bunny (well, two anyway)!  It won't be much longer before they all start to doubt his existence, so I'm doing all that I can to keep his spirit alive for as long as I can.

While looking for unique Easter images to create with, I came across this vintage German postcard.
I love that he's wearing glasses and that the colors are warm rather than the standard pastels.

This is the card it inspired:
The beautiful vintage lace trim came in my March kit from Scraps of Elegance, and I thought it went perfectly on this project.  It reminds me of the typical up-down design painted around the middle of a dyed Easter egg.  
To add a hint of orange in the floral cluster, I cut strips of the Bo Bunny Country Garden paper and made loops.  I tucked them in here and there to look like a ribbon (only because I didn't have a length of orange ribbon anywhere).  The flowers are from Petaloo and arrive perfectly glittered.
A few Prima rhinestones in the corner and a stamped sentiment...voila!
I love the look of the vintage lace so much that I'm going to enter this card in the "Lace" challenge over at Love My Tapes.  They manufacture lace tapes, fabric tapes, and so much more.  You'll have to stop by and check them out.

While I have your attention, I'd like to show you another card I created for a dear friend.
This too was created using all the gorgeous goodies from the March kit at Scraps of Elegance.
Again, gorgeous lace!
Cards like these can be purchased in my Etsy shop.  Stop by often as we're always adding new and unique items.
I appreciate you spending some time, and I hope you have a wonderful day!
M.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! Thanks so much for joining us at Love My Tapes "Lace Challenge"

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!