Thursday, April 19, 2012

Beautiful Roses

Nothing compares to a bouquet of beautiful roses; except maybe a first class ticket to Greece!  A woman can dream, right?!

This week's "Beautiful Roses" challenge at The Shabby Tea Room was based on this photo:
We were asked to utilize aqua, pink, neutrals and flowers on our projects, and I was so inspired by both the color combination and the photo that I created two cards.
On this first card, I used Melissa Frances paper and a Glitz Design transparency for the background along with some stitching.  
The birdcage was painted with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle paint in Picket Fence (one of my favs!) and finished off with Prima roses and pearls.  I topped it off with some glorious crinkle seam binding in Bubble Gum pink and created a glittered petite banner from vintage sheet music.

This next card was based on both TSTR challenge and Mojo Monday's sketch challenge.
Again, I used Melissa Frances paper for the background, some vintage sheet music, and a paper doily spritzed with some Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist in Vintage Rose.  The chipboard button is Jenni Bowlin and the roses and art tile from Prima.  

I'm extremely proud to have finished both cards as well as keeping up with my shipping this week since the kiddos are home on school vacation.  I even managed to take them to our neighborhood park for some sun and swimming.  I know, I know...in April?  Well, we've had two 80 degree days at the beginning of the week, but today it's barely eking out of the 50s!  Crazy, huh?

I do appreciate your time and hope you'll stop by again soon.
Have a wonderful day!
M.

3 comments:

  1. two cards: twice as nice! Both are sooo pretty. love the birdcage and your shabby banner!
    Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandee, both cards are very pretty. Like you I really enjoy Melissa Frances products, they are classy and chic at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!