Saturday, March 10, 2012

A is for Apricot...Challenge #5 of 52

This post has absolutely nothing to do with apricots or the alphabet, but it WAS inspired by Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger:
I love the teal and orange color combination (with the hint of gold)...not something I would automatically turn to, but it works!  I'm also drawn to the french.  Even "apricot" looks romantic when spelled in french, am I right?

Using these elements for inspiration, I created an Easter card:
The background ephemera (a French flower boutique invoice) was a deep orange color, so I knew I had to use it, and it teams well with the fussy cut vintage Easter bunny.
An old gold earring sits nicely at the center of the sheer ribbon.
Not only have I been inspired by Moxie Fab World, but the teal/orange color combination they've introduced me to is one that I'll have to consider more in the future.  I think it worked well on my Easter card (which can be purchase in my Etsy shop).  

Thanks for dropping in,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!