Monday, March 19, 2012

Tea Time

Ever since my girls were little, I've always let them to play with my tea set.  They get dressed up in pretty little dresses, set it all up on the coffee table with water and cookies and play tea time. A few pieces have gotten broken here and there over the years, but to see them playing so well together using their imaginations is worth every crack and chip.   I could have purchased a set of their own to use, but I like the idea of having those memories tied to my tea set, and every time I spot a chip, I think of them giggling and playing.  They don't do it as often as they used to now that they're older, but when they do, I'm always asking to join in.

I created this TEA TIME card set with them in mind:
Each card has a coordinating handmade envelope.

Aren't those little flowers gorgeous?  They're from Petaloo and they come loaded with glitter!
I happened to find this pretty lace in my stash.  I thought it went perfectly with the grey.
I wanted to add a pink floral pin, but I didn't have one in the right shade, so I embossed it with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder in Tattered Rose.
The paper doily was sprayed with both Tsukineko Walnut Ink and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Vintage Pink.
This is my favorite because it reminds me of my girls playing tea time.
I'm loving the pop of brighter pink with the Prima Pearls.
Each of these cards can be purchased separately or together as a set in my Etsy shop.

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to drop by, and I hope you'll be back soon.
I'll be posting an Easter card that I created using a vintage German bunny image.  It's adorable!
Since it's such a beautiful day, I think I'll take the dogs for a walk.
Happy crafting!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!