Monday, April 16, 2012

It's a Girl!

My friend's son is stationed over in Japan and he and his wife are expecting their second child (a girl) sometime in May, so she asked me to create birth announcements to send over.
The base is a sweet vanilla cream card stock and Glitz Design paper.
The sentiment on the front and the inside stamps are from K&Company.

I remember when my girls were babies as if it were only yesterday.  Of course, it wasn't yesterday...here is a recent layout of my youngest, Mackenzie, turning 6 years old!
I used quite a bit of the goodies in my April Scraps of Elegance kit for this layout.  The colors were perfect for the photos!

Materials used:  Pink Paislee paper, Glitz Design paper, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tattered Rose, Prima felt flowers, foil trim, Etsy tag, Making Memories crochet flowers and glittered alpha stickers, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Vintage Pink, crinkle seam binding, paper doilies, millinery roses, Making Memories pearls and machine stitching.

I also created a layout (I was on a roll) of Mackenzie and Madison from Halloween last year.
I got a little 'dirty' with this one...love using the Tim Holtz Kraft Resist paper and acrylic paint!
 I came up with the title based on their costumes.  "Good vs. Evil" seemed appropriate in so many ways;)
Materials used:  Tim Holtz Kraft Resist paper, DCWV Mariposa and World Traveler paper, black acrylic paint, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye, black grosgrain ribbon, OTC clock hands, Making Memories brad and gemstones, jute, Webster's Pages alpha stickers, vintage ephemera, small price tag, Tsukineko pigment ink in Pearlescent Poppy, vintage buttons and Prima pearls.

On this Halloween, the girls had to wear layers of clothing underneath their costumes because we had snow on the ground!  That's early for snow...even in Maine! 

I appreciate you stopping by, and certainly hope you have a wonderful day!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!