Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Vintage Shabby Gift Set

What a wonderful weekend.  The girls spent all day Saturday and Saturday night with their Grandparents, so I had some precious time to myself.  I went shopping with my sister and was able to get my youngest outfitted for school (she's going into Kindergarten and still thinks Mom is stylish enough to pick out her clothes).  I also purchased a couple new shirts for myself and some 12"x12" DCWV (Street Lace and Cotton Bloom) paper stacks for $5.99 each (the planets must have been aligned)!
The rest of the time was spent in my studio.  I finished this Vintage Shabby Gift Set that includes a journal, bookmark and card.  I think it makes the perfect gift for someone who loves to write.
The card has a sweet vintage image of a little girl that I thought went nicely with the set.  I used ribbon roses and paper doilies on all three because they're my fav!  What can I say, I'm a girlie girl at heart.
The journal was made using a recycled book cover and is full of unlined paper bound together with twine.
Material used:  Kraft postal paper, K&Company paper, paper doilies, lots of hand rolled ribbon roses, floral pins, petite craft roses, chipboard tag (painted with acrylic paint and glittered), burlap leaves, chipboard flourishes, seam binding, vintage buttons and twine. 
The set can be purchased in my shop, Reverie Creations.

On Sunday, my sweet parents had a little get together for my birthday.  My sister gave me three blue Ball canning jars in various sizes for my craft space (one can never have too much storage) and a gift card to my one of my favorite stores, TJ Maxx.  My parents gave me some vintage finds they procured during one of their many antiquing trips...a large bag of white and cream buttons, some old lace doilies and table runners, a huge lot of junk jewelry, a 1927 book of sheet music (Johannes Brahms Choral Music), and a vintage book on Rome with some gorgeous pictures in it.  I'll have to scan some of them to share!  My baby girls made me beautiful cards and posters that I'll hang in my studio.
It was a perfect weekend!

So, how did you spend your weekend?
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!