Friday, May 27, 2011

Redemption

I can't seem to find a mere 30 minutes to sit down and update this blog.  I start my day with honest intentions; even writing it down in black ink on my calendar, but by days end it's been crossed out.  I then pencil in a little arrow next to it...pointing to the following day.  Tomorrow.  I'll get to it tomorrow.  And what happens tomorrow?  The same missing time.  I'm ashamed to say that I have a lot of little pencil arrows on my calendar.  I still haven't painted my kitchen or cleaned the basement.  I realize I'm not the only guilt-ridden Mom, housewife and small business owner to find herself short on time at the end of the day, but I think that maybe I'm harder on myself than most.

So, I've been working on Father's Day cards this afternoon. It was a refreshing change to create something masculine, and to use my new Tim Holtz KraftResist paper.  I didn't play around with any inks or paints on it because I was in a bit of a hurry, but I really like the way it looks plain also...shiny is spots.

This first card is my favorite because of the vintage image.  It reminds me of when my Dad taught me how to ride a bike for the first time, and I thought it was a perfect fit for a Father's Day card. 

     Materials used:  Tim Holtz KraftResist paper, K&Company paper, DCWV Linen Closet paper, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tea Dye, vintage buttons, crinkle seam binding (5 Dollar French Market), handmade tag, OTC sticky ribbon, Studio G clear stamp sentiment.

This other card is using basically the same materials with the exception of a few items here and there.  Again, I used another printed vintage image and this one reminded me of summer ~ my favorite time of the year.

     Materials used:  Tim Holtz KraftResist paper, K&Company paper, DCWV Linen Closet paper, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tea Dye, vintage buttons, crinkle seam binding (5 Dollar French Market), handmade tag, Kaiser pearls, My Minds Eye Lost & Found decorative brad, clear decorative tape, Studio G clear stamp sentiment.

I was having so much fun creating these cards, that I managed to fit one more in before my pinchkins got home from their half day of school.  Who can resist a Lionel train? 

                                      
     Materials used:  Tim Holtz KraftResist paper, DCWV Linen Closet paper, vintage Bingo card (Vintage Bliss), vintage buttons, handmade tag, K&Company puzzle sticker, crinkled seam binding (Fini Ribbon).

Feeling accomplished with energy enough for another task, I look to my planner.  Screaming at me in black ink is "Blog Update".  *Sigh*  I'm filled with feelings of shame.  I stare at it wondering where to start.  Yup, I'm miles passed the "I'm sorry" phase...knee deep into the pleading for redemption.  I think I'll paint the kitchen!  :)

Have a wonderful day, my friends.
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!