Monday, August 15, 2011

Something new and polka dots too!

For someone who's lost their mojo, I've been pretty busy as of late.
Maybe it has to do with the confidence boost I got from all the ladies participating in last week's blog challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room.  I was left so many nice comments and then found out this morning that I got an honorable mention for my 'Tea for Two card'.  Could I be cured?!  I'm not going to go that far, but I want to thank everyone who left some love.  It was VERY much appreciated!!

This week, The Shabby Tea Room is asking us to play with polka dots.  Love polka dots, so I'm in!  Besides, I'm on a roll, right?
This was the photo inspiration:
Sort of looks like pea soup with mini marshmallows.  Ewwww, but I went with it.

Or so I thought.  I was drawing a blank (again), and then I remembered a paper bows tutorial from way back in July by Heidi (Van Laar Designs).  I had followed along and made one out of polka dot paper...I could use that.  So, now I had a starting point...and it was something new because I usually use ribbon or crinkle seam binding on most of my cards.
This is what I ended up with:
Who doesn't love chocolate cake?  That's got to earn some points in itself!
I'm actually pretty happy with this one because of how it all came together.  I certainly used polka dots and with a little embossing and glitter, the cake almost looks edible.
And it all started with this:
So, thank you Heidi for educating me on paper bows, and thank you to all the wonderful ladies who inspired me.

Materials used:  5"x6.5" card stock, printed image, GCD paper, DCWV paper, paper doily, Inkadinkado stamped sentiment, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye, Tsukineko Moonlight White chalk ink, paper bow, vintage button, Ranger fine embossing powder and glitter.

I was on such a roll that I created another card.  Nothing to do with polka dots, but I managed to finish it without losing clumps of hair...progress!

Materials used:  6.5"x5" card stock, vintage card, Crafty Secrets paper, Basic Grey paper, DCWV paper, bakers twine, black satin ribbon, Kraft card stock, Making Memories eyelet, K&Company stamped sentiment, adhesive gems and Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot.

Two cards in one day!  I'm on cloud nine, people!!!
Have you been inspired today?  If you need a little push, head on over to The Shabby Tea Room where you'll find plenty of the good stuff!!!  They're a talented bunch and generous with their love.

Have a wonderful day, my friends!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!