Friday, August 12, 2011

Oh, creativity...where are you? I have "Tea For Two".

"Dear Creative Block,
I always welcome company, and I'm usually a tolerant and patient woman, but I have to assert you've been lingering around my studio longer than I care to tolerate.  Who invited you anyway?  Please make other living arrangements as soon as possible.   
Sincerely and as nicely as possible,
M."

I've been spending a lot more time blog hopping these days desperately searching for my lost creativity.  I'm not sure where I went wrong or what button I pushed, but it's gone and left me lonely and clueless.

  Those that have managed to maintain their artistic spark surely never disappoint with their talent (jealousy comes to mind when I think about it :), and I figure that most of them have far more creativity than they actually need, sooooooooooo
 do you think they would share? :)

I realize that a block of some kind must occur (as required by the laws of creativity), but what is one supposed to do with that part of their brain in the meantime?  I'm barely sustaining with design challenges.  It's like when the wicked witch has water thrown at her...I'm melting away!

The Shabby Tea Room has thrown down the gauntlet for a "Tea For Two" themed project using blue and green and this picture for inspiration:
 After pulling half my hair out and doing and undoing a half dozen cards (maybe more), I finally managed to create this:
I'm still not even sure if I like it, but here it is for all the blogging world to see (all 7 of my followers).
Materials used:  5"x6.5" card stock, K&Company paper, DCWV paper, paper doily, printed vintage image, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye, crinkle seam binding, handmade tag and heart embellie, glitter, button, Prima gems, and Making Memories brad.

If you're interested in finding a little inspiration, don't look to me...I'm plum out of business for now, but you can head on over to The Shabby Tea Room and gander at all the goodness going on for those lucky ducks rolling in creativity.  :)  You certainly won't be disappointed!

Have a wonderful day (I'll be on the hunt)!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!