Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Peek-a-boo!

I love babies!  I love everything about them...the way they smell after a bath, the way they smile at you and coo.  I would have an entire house full if I didn't want to eventually retire to someplace warm!  I stopped at three beautiful girls, but I still stalk all those babies I see out in public.  Yup, I'm that person!!

I found this adorable vintage photo and I knew I had to use it.  Isn't she the sweetest?  I love how she's looking into a mirror as if she's wondering who that is looking back at her.  And look at those pointed toes!!!

Since it was time for Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger, I got to work creating a card based on this inspiration photo from Pinterest:
Luminous Layers

This is what I came up with:
I absolutely loved the colors and layering on the dress and incorporated them into my 'Peek-a-boo" card while maintaining the shabby vintage look I love so much.
Materials used:  5"x6.5" card stock, DCWV Cotton Blend and Be Mine paper, Crate Paper Restoration Collection paper, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye, crinkle seam binding, vintage button, Making Memories button brad, Inkadinkado clear stamp sentiment, safety pin painted with acrylic paint and machine stitching.

You can play too...download your paper creation to Moxie Fab World by August 14th (be sure and check out the details).  I'm looking forward to seeing how you've been inspired!

Have a wonderful day!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!