Thursday, July 28, 2011

It reminds me of Nana....

I've been wading in a creative slump as of late, so I hopped on over to Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger for inspiration.  
French Knot/Squares to Cherish
This reminds me of my Nana.  I used to love watching her make afghans just like this so many years ago.  We would snuggle up together on the sofa and she would tell me stories while she crocheted/knit.  It's a memory I'll cherish forever.

I absolutely love the coloring in this photo:  the teal blue with the purple and hints of pink.  I also found the combination of circles and squares interesting as well.

This is what I came up with for my FIRST card:
Happiness is Reflective
I followed the color scheme with this card and let thoughts of my Nana guide me in the design.

On my second card (I rolled with the inspiration, folks!), I went ahead used the design of the afghan as my guide.
You Are Special To Me
I incorporated both the squares and circles and used a natural trim and string to bring in the texture.  A far simpler design than I'm used to, but it felt good to create outside of the box (for me anyway).

So, if you're looking for some inspiration, might I suggest heading on over to Moxie Fab World and join in the challenge.  The deadline for posting is Sunday, August 7th. 

Thanks for stopping by,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!