Sunday, August 28, 2011

This is the life.

We just got back from vacation.  Every year, my parents, my sister and her boys, and my girls and I spend a week on the lake together.  We haven't had much luck by way of weather over the years, but this year we hit the jackpot.
 The water was perfect and the sun plenty.  It was what we all needed to recharge, and yes, this is our kind of camping.
Our dog, Scooter, loved teasing the ducks and playing pass in the water.  He even went on a canoe ride.
The kids spent most of their time in the water.  The one day that it rained...they were in the water.                                  
Nothing beats days by the water soaking up the sun, evenings around the fire pit roasting marshmallows and making smores, playing cribbage into the night, and lots of laughing.
We hope that next year brings the same weather.  In the meantime, we'll hold dear all the memories we created...this is the life!
Have a wonderful day, my friends!

                                                           


No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!