Saturday, July 16, 2011

Botanical trend...

In previous posts, I've mentioned my love of journaling.  I've been journaling for years now, and I'm always looking to inspire others to journal as well.  I think it's a wonderful outlet and a way to remember important life experiences. 

Creating unique journals is a passion of mine, and I'm always looking for new themes.  Botanical seems to be the trend now-a-days.  It can be found everywhere...from pillows to clothing to greeting cards.  A style from the days of old when they used to illustrate flora and fauna as a learning tool.

Moxie Fab World is hosting a 'Fanatical About Botanical' challenge.  Upload a paper crafted project using botanics in an innovative way to their page by August 10th and you could win a moxie fab prize!  How exciting!  If you're in need of some inspiration, take a peek at their post!

Here is a journal I created from a vintage book using a botanical theme:
I've used the original book pages as the base for each divider page...trying to utilize as much of the vintage book as possible.
The journal is bound together using "o" rings so that it can be added to or rearranged.
There are little pockets and envelopes tucked in here and there for storing trinkets and treasures.
I also like to include tags for interest, and they can be used in a variety of ways...highlighting a certain page or as a bookmark.
Whenever possible, I include handmade paper (along with the standard lined paper).  There are ways to journal other than just writing.  You can paint, sketch or paste photos to a page. 

I hope you've been inspired to start journaling and to stop by Reverie Creations to purchase a one-of-a-kind journal for yourself or for that someone special as a gift.  I'm always adding new items, so be sure and stop by often.  I can also custom design a journal just for you.

 I appreciate the time you've spent with me, and I'm excited to see how your 'Fanatical About Botanical' with the Moxie Fab World challenge
Have a wonderful day!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!