Sunday, July 24, 2011

My peace...


My day starts at 5:15.  A cup of coffee (or three) and some time with Freddy and Mr. Tiggs... my pleasingly plump kitties who decided long ago that mornings were the time to make their needs abundantly clear with constant head bumps and excessive purring.  My nephews arrive at 6:00 for their 12 hour stay with the girls and I.  I feed them their second breakfast (you know how growing boys can eat!), and tend to my own three girls as they stagger downstairs in intervals from their slumber.

And since I'm everything to everyone (even an alarm clock), I wake my husband at 7:15.  By 7:45, my husband has left for work and the kids and I are starting our day...which could be a day at the beach, the playground and a picnic or a visit with their Great Grandmother in the nursing home (we go twice a week).  I try to keep them busy during their summer vacations since idle minds and hands leads to trouble. 

If we're home, then I do the usual chores that are left to Moms...dishes, laundry, and cleaning while the kids play games, do arts and crafts or ride their bikes outside.
The girls decided that they wanted to decorate headbands
  Don't get me wrong, I don't have to do everything, my girls have their weekly chores and the boys have learned to clean up after themselves, so I do have time for another cup of coffee every now and then and to check on my small online business.  The worst part of my typical day has to be lunch and dinner.  It's almost impossible to make something that everyone likes, and the clean up afterwards is tedious. 

Now, I realize that I'm no different than most Moms out there, and I'm always mindful of how lucky I am that I have the opportunity to be home with my girls, but with that being said, I don't get much time to myself.  I have to make time (late at night after everyone else is fast asleep) for my peace...
and my peace is creating....

I love creating cards because I'm impatient.  You can see the finished product rather quickly, and I can always finish a couple before it's time for me to recharge with my 4-5 hours of sleep.

Where do you find your peace?
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!