Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Almost red, white and blue.

I have a few birthdays in July that I create cards for, and I always try to stay away from being too patriotic, but I love using the standard colors.  Of course, you can only do so much when combining red, white and blue; especially when you're trying to do a birthday card.

This first card was created for my nephew, Kolby.  I was inspired by a card in the new Paper Crafts magazine.
I stuck with the red, white and blue...almost.  I actually used a red, white print and teal.  I thought it all came together nicely.
Materials used:  card stock, Cosmo Cricket, DCWV and Sassafras papers, Ki Memories brads, hand cut stars from 7Gypsies, Bella Blvd., My Minds Eye, Studio Calico papers and a vintage book page, baker's string, sentiment stamp from my stash, Joann's rectangle alpha clip and Tim Holtz distress ink in Weathered Wood.  The journaling tag was also hand cut and the black line was added.

This next card is for my cousin's daughter, Miss Lydia.  She's such a peach.
Again, I went with variations of red, white and blue.  I love how this one is so carefree with all the machine stitching...and simple.
Materials used:  card stock, Crafty Secrets, DCWV and SEI papers, corner rounder punch, white twill tape and an SEI title sticker.

So, red, white and blue doesn't need to feel patriotic.  You can use variations of these colors together for a non-traditional result.

Thanks for spending some time with me!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!