Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm not complaining...

I've been so busy this last week!! It's been raining constantly, so I've had all five kids inside complaining about how bored they are. I've had to come up with entertaining projects and games for them to play (I'm not sure where their imaginations went) AND I've had to replenish my Etsy store stock. A wonderful lady from Singapore, Mona, purchased nine of my cards!!

However, this wonderful and exciting transaction turned into a fiasco. Mona attempted to checkout, but Etsy told her that I didn't ship internationally. So, I had to update each and every item with international shipping quotes. Then, when she attempted to pay for her purchase through PayPal, there was a pop up message that indicated that I didn't accept payments from anyone outside the United States. Who are they to say that I don't ship internationally or accept foreign currency!!! Needless to say, this particular woman is a saint. She ended up being my first international customer and in the end a Guinea pig for what I needed to do in order to complete this sale. I knocked half off the shipping price because of her patience and understanding.

Anyway, here are the items I've managed to create in the chaos. They can be purchased at Reverie Creations.

This cute little set of four cards measure 2" square and are embellished with handsewn buttons and fabric flowers. I thought they would make cute cards for any occasion - you could also tuck one inside your loved ones coat pocket or inside a lunchbox.


This card is another all occasion card - left blank on the inside for your own personal message. Created with cardstock, DCWV Garden Party papers, Thickers accent stickers, Stampendous Petite Dragonfly stamp, dye ink, fabric, handsewn buttons, and alpha stickers.


I premade the paper flowers weeks ago for another project, so I made another any occasion card using them. I just love their worn/loved look. This card is made with cardstock, DCWV Garden Party papers, ribbon, handsewn buttons, Special Moments flower brads, Rubber Stampede Rose Leaves stamp, Cloud 9 Designs Simple Thoughts clear stamp, black dye ink and a wire and bead butterfly. The butterfly is my favorite part of the whole card, and I have to admit that it came off a ponytail holder that I purchased at my local discount store. I LOVE to upcycle.


This last card was inspired by the "Mud Models" layout I did. I used the same dress stamp by Inkadinkado. I also used Websters papers, chalk ink, cardstock, OTC flowers, brads, a piece of vintage lace from my stash and a couple of stick pins. I really love the way it turned out...so shabby chic.


Well, I'm going to get busy on some more items for my store. I hope you stop in to check out the new items as well as my large selection of sale items...reduced in price and shipping cost.
Have a wonderful day!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!