Saturday, July 25, 2009

A butterfly mood

I worked on a couple of layouts yesterday. The first one is of my maternal Grandparents, Royal "Russ" and Muriel "Mickey. They've been married for well over sixty years and are an inspiration for our family. Because of them, we get together every Sunday for coffee and donuts just to connect and at least twice a year for a huge BBQ or a lobster feed. They have four children, 8 grandchildren, 18 greatgrandchildren and 1 greatgreatgranddaughter. I remind my own children everyday how lucky they are to know their greatgrandparents. My Grandfather was born in 1919 and my Grandmother was born in 1926. They were actually set up by my grandfather's mother. The story of their lives has been written down by my Grandfather and a copy has been given to each grandchild. It was the most precious gift I've ever gotten.
I used a lot of The Scarlet Lime July kit for this layout. I also used some of my own stash as well; including the butterfly cut-out. You'll notice the butterfly cut-out on the second layout I did as well. I guess I was in a butterfly mood yesterday.
I added the lollipop flower with the "believe" brad in the center because I just love the look of them; especially when they're created out of basic card stock. I did a little sewing as well. I have to admit that I'm not all that good at sewing, so it was a challenge, but I thought the Wisteria paper needed some anchoring. Anywho, I hope you like it.
This next layout is of my youngest daughter, Mackenzie. She always slept on her stomach with her arms and legs tucked underneath her causing her bum to pop up. It was the cutest thing, and occasionally she still sleeps this way. For this layout I used a lot of Jenni Bowlin. I love the softness of her papers. A lot of the items came from Scrap Attack Scrapbooking's Jenni Bowlin {SAS}sy July kit...and some of my own stash including the butterflies. I honestly love the way it turned out.
On another note, I sold four more cards in my Etsy shop the other day. I'm excited to think that someone from Oregon is going to be receiving my cards and giving them to their loved ones. That's why I do this.
Thanks for spending some time with me. Have a wonderful weekend.
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!