Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Big weekend plans

My cousin, Matt, and his fiancee, Lydia, had a baby boy a few months ago. He was born at 24 weeks, and has been in the NICU ever since. We've decide to have the baby shower in hopes that he'll be able to come home at the end of August. I made this card to go along with the baby album I'm working on. I used Making Memories journaling tag and chipboard shapes, Pink Paislee "fetching" rub-ons, Sassafras cardstock stickers and various stash supplies. I love the color combination of the light blue, red and black.

This weekend, we've been invited to my Aunt and Uncle's house for a barbeque. We usually get together as a family at least a few times a year. It's nice to have such a close knit bunch. Since we're all going to be together anyway, we're also going to celebrate Miss Lydia's third birthday. She is such a cutie!! She loves the color pink, so I decided on creating a party hat in pinks and threw in the lime green as an accent color. This card was really quick to make and uses K&Company paper, DCWV cardstock, Making Memories die cut flowers and large lime green button. The ribbon, embroidery floss, blue glitter glue and HB cupcake stamp are from my stash.

Well, I should get going on finishing the baby album. I absolutely love making these types of gifts for those that I love. I know they're appreciated, so that makes it even more special. I'll be sure and post the finished product.
Thanks for spending some time with me. Have a wonderful day and remember to laugh at the little things!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!