Thursday, July 16, 2009

What summer???

It's hard to believe that summer is already half over...at least here in Maine. I have to complain a little bit because it hasn't been all that great weather wise. We've had way above average rain fall and the temperatures haven't been out of the 70s. Believe it or not, we can get into the 90s with high humidity. Not this summer. The kids have to be back in school by August 27th and we've only been to the beach three times.

Yesterday, I took the kids to this little park we have just down the road from the house. It has walking/hiking trails, a couple of swimming ponds with a beach, and a small playground. They even have a soccer field and a baseball diamond. It's nice and only costs a dollar to enter if you're a resident of the town. The kids didn't take their bathing suits because my oldest nephew, Kade, got it somewhere that there were leaches in the swimming pond. I tried to convince them otherwise, but they chose to take his word. Let's just say that I had some soaked kids and wet seats by the time we left.

showing a little 'tude.

Darling Kolby in the tunnel

My youngest daughter

Right before they asked to go swimming. The girls ended up going in their shirts and underwear and the boys in their shorts-no shirts. How could I say no? I also had a hard time not rubbing it in when they found no leaches! *giggle*

I've been busy with the kids, but I've also managed to finish a few items for my shop. Sleep is so overrated!!

This is a boxed card set. It contains 4 cards within a handmade box. I was pretty proud of myself for making the box...my very first one.



I'll have to post the rest of my cards sometime this weekend.

Thanks for spending some time with me. Have a wonderful day!

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!