Saturday, July 18, 2009

"There's Less Time Left" - Malcolm Forbes

I've never been the type to put much stock in age. You're as young as you feel, right? Well, I have to admit that I'm really having a difficult time with the age that's fast approaching. I'm going to be - dare I say it? - 40! FORTY! I'm being silly, I know. My girls tell me all the time that I look 30...bless their hearts.

With birthdays on my mind, I made these cute little cupcake cards for my shop. I really like the button-cherry with the twine twisted into a stem. I got the idea from someone on Scrapbook.com, but I can not remember their name. My apologies. I used a real cupcake liner and some scraps I had in my stash.




This card only took a few minutes to make...I love it when everything comes together. I used a piece of scrap paper and stamped a couple of wildflower images (Hero Arts) in chalk ink. Tied it up with a ribbon and added a clear sticker sentiment. Quick and easy, but it looks as if it was complicated.


The "Natural Beauty" card was started a while back, but never finished. I didn't know where I wanted to go with it. The flower was stamped and then finished with Tim Holtz Distress embossing powder in milled lavender and antique linen. I added the butterfly, some lavender vellum to the bottom, a ribbon and a few gold tone brads to balance it all out. Another all occasion card. Gotta love those!

All in all, a constructive few days. I'm currently working on a vintage style recipe book. It's taking a lot of time and thought, but I think once it's finished it will be nice. I only hope it's something that sells.

Have a wonderful weekend!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!