Thursday, September 22, 2011

...a flop x 2=missed challenge...

I've been participating in Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Challenge for a couple of weeks now, and the last one was a little tough extremely frustrating for me.  I'm not sure why, but I honestly tried.  Twice.  Both attempts were complete flops.
Garden Glory
The inspiration photo was sweet enough...I loved the color combo.  Not something I would usually gravitate towards, but that's what these challenges are all about, right?  Forcing you to look and work outside the proverbial box.

My first attempt was okay.  I liked the way it turned out...for the most part...except for the flower within the frame.
To me, it's a bit blah.  I stamped the image and then embossed it for depth, but it didn't turn out exactly the way I had intended.  So....
I tried again.  Bleck.  I absolutely hate the way the bird turned out.  I sprayed it with Walnut Ink and then randomly attached bits of vintage paper, but I thought it was too dark for the rest of the card, so I painted over it with Making Memories Daffodil paint.  Didn't help any.
Live and learn, as my Mom used to say. 

I figured I'd go ahead and share my creative duds in hopes that some of you might have some ideas on how to salvage the flower or the bird.  Honestly, it pains me to look at them as they are.  Although I didn't enter these cards into the challenge, I consider my overall designs spot on...the execution just came up short.
Keep creating!
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!