Tuesday, September 13, 2011

...Birthdays birthdays everywhere...

September and October are busy months for me.  I have 5 birthdays to create cards for, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone (as they say) and go to Moxie Fab World for inspiration.  It would seem that they're just as busy with 6 challenges all going on at the same time.  That sort of works out for me though...a challenge for each card.

My first card was inspired by the horizontal sketch designed by Go-to-Gal, Kim Hughes.
The card I created is for my Nana who is turning 85 years young on Friday and suffers from Alzheimer's.  She is the most amazing woman I know, and I love her so much.

Materials used:  6.5"x5" card stock, DCWV paper, Prima packaging, vintage buttons, Prima blossoms, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist is Vintage Pink, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye and Tattered Rose, glassine bag, paper doily, Fiskars Butterfly Magic clear stamps, Crafty Secrets paper, baker's twine, and Prima pearls.
I created this next card for my daughter, Madison, based on Nina Bracket's shaped sketch.
  I went with an oval shape rather than the round and used a sweet printed vintage image that reminded me of my Peanut.  She loves animals and is such a tender spirit.
Materials used:  4"x6" card stock, printed vintage image, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye, vintage button, Inkadinkado clear stamp sentiment, K&Company paper, TaDa Creative Studios paper, paper doily, Martha Stewart gems, Heidi Grace rhinestones, and machine stitching.
For the next card, I turned to Julie Campbell's vertical sketch and tossed in the Card Play challenge just because I love the idea of using playing cards...especially on a masculine card. 
This card was a stretch for me because I'm all about texture and lots of layers, but I love the way it turned out, and I certainly hope Brian loves it too.
Materials used:  5"x6.5" card stock, DCWV paper, playing cards, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye, grosgrain ribbon, Prima pebbles, Kaiser pearl and monotype corsiva font.
I also used the Card Play Challenge on a birthday card for my brother-in-law, Brad.
Materials used:  6.5"x5" card stock, printed image, Crafty Secrets paper, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot, Basic Grey paper, DCWV paper, satin ribbon, bakers twine, Kraft cardstock tag, eyelet, vintage button, wooden stamp, K&Company stamped sentiment, adhesive gems, vintage wooden bingo chip, and paper clip.
This last card is for my sister, Kasey.  She is my best friend, and we've gone through so much together.  I didn't turn to any of the challenges for this one because I already had the design worked out beforehand.
Materials used:  6.5"x5" card stock, DCWV paper, Graphic 45 paper, 7 Gypsies paper, Tim Holtz Distress ink in Tea Dye, twill tape, corrugated cardboard butterflies, Hero Arts sentiment stamp, crinkle seam binding, Studio G pigment ink in gold, floral pins, Prima pearls.  FLOWER: paper doily, fabric, burlap, DCWV paper, Prima rose, metal button and vintage button.
A few posts back, I was complaining about my mojo going on vacation, but with the help of Moxie Fab World, I've been able to maintain a level of creativity I can be proud of.

I hope you take time for yourself and create something special today.
              

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!