Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pink Cupcakes

The Shabby Tea Room offers up amazing weekly challenges and this week was no exception.  Just look at this inspiration photo:
Those cupcakes look almost too perfect to eat!  Though I have to admit that it wouldn't stop me!

Week #109's "Birthday Bash" challenge was to create a birthday project and include a cupcake.  Since I was lucky enough to have received my April kit from Scraps of Elegance, I used a few pages of the gorgeous Glitz Design paper to create this card:
I'm not sure how I feel about the cupcake because my daughter thought it was a tree at first glance. :)  Can't win 'em all!

I was able to use more of my Scraps of Elegance kit to create this card based on Mojo Monday's sketch challenge.  This was my first time participating in one of their challenges, but I can assure you that it won't be my last.

For this card, I went with a printed image of a cupcake...saves on explaining the pink tree! :)
I used the Glitz Design paper, the ribbon and paper roses from April's kit.  The glittered alpha stickers are from Making Memories and since they were a bit hard to see against the white doily, I highlighted them with a brown marker.

As it turns out, it was a week for pink cupcakes!

I'll be sharing a couple of layouts in my next post, so be sure to stop by to check them out.  It's been quite some time since I've worked on anything but cards and canvases, so your comments would be welcomed.

Have a wonderful day, my friends!
M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!