Saturday, April 7, 2012

Something To Share

Since Easter is tomorrow, I wanted to take some time this afternoon to share the cards and tags I created for my family.
This first card was created for my younger sister.  I used the same bunny image for both her card and my parent's because I thought it was too cute.  The flower was created using hand dyed cotton fabric that was ripped into strips and then folded over and fastened with a button.

This next card is for my parents.
Yellow and light blue are a perfect pair and it works nicely for this card.  Though you could also use it for a baby card.
  The glittered flowers are from Petaloo, and the paper and butterfly brad are from Bo Bunny.
Rather than create another 5 cards for my three daughters and two nephews, I opted instead to make tags to tie to their goodie bags.
Each tag was created using a printed vintage image, buttons, lace or twine and crinkle seam binding.  Easy peasy and oh so cute!  I had so much fun finding images that fit each of their unique personalities.

My family and I usually get together for brunch at my sister's house where we all bring a few dishes to share, and then we have an Easter egg hunt for the kiddos.  It's something I look forward to every year (as with all holidays) because spending time with my family means a great deal to me.  I am so very fortunate that we live near one another.

I certainly hope you have a wonderful Easter celebration with your loved ones.
Enjoy!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!