Thursday, November 3, 2011

...Halloween and happiness...

There goes October and we're already looking at 6 inches of snow on the ground just 3 days into November.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that the girls and I went trick-or-treating in snow.  I can honestly say that although it's been cold on Halloween we've NEVER had to deal with the white stuff before.

Such is life. 

We still had a great time, though my oldest refused to wear her original costume because of all the layering underneath.  She said it was too tight...aaahhh...tweens!  She went as herself.
Here is Kenzie as a beautiful bride.
Madison as a not-so-scary witch.  She always has a smile on her face no matter what is thrown at her...like a fleece and two pair of socks. ;)
My nephew, Kolby, as a ninja.  It fits his personality perfectly.
Kade as a "Katie".  He made me laugh so much!
We were cold and tired by the end of the night, but we came home with bags full of treats and a lot of wonderful memories.  Happiness is what you make of the situation you find yourself in.

In the spirit of happiness, I created a card based on Washington Irving's quote...
"Happiness is reflective, like the light of heaven."
Materials used:  card stock, handcut frame, Tim Holtz Distress Cracke paint in Picket Fence, K&Company Curio paper, Webster's Pages Ladies & Gents paper, Tim Holtz Distress ink in Tattered Rose, glitter, Cloud 9 Design clear Laughter stamp, Decorator's Choice petite roses, OTC canvas blossoms, Heidi Grace blossoms, vintage button, Jolee's pearl bling, K&Company The Kiss brads, rose dangle snap charm, and Colorbok adhesive gem flourishes.
The colors were inspired by Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger:

Absolutely love this bracelet...the colors and textures make me want to own it!

I hope you too had a wonderful Halloween.  I'll be posting November's tag sometime over the next few days, so please stop back.
Thanks for spending some time with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!