Wednesday, November 30, 2011

...November's Tag and a little stocking...

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving.  I certainly did.  I treasure every minute we get to spend together, and do everything I can to create long lasting memories for my three girls because family is so important to me.  I have many fond memories of our very large family gathered around the dining room table that had been added onto to accommodate everyone and it extended into the living room at my Grandparent's home.  We also had the infamous kids table set up in the kitchen!

Now, we're preparing for Christmas, and I've been so busy trying to keep up with shop orders that I've neglected my blog responsibilities and am now just getting around to posting November's tag.
Materials used:  standard shipping tag, ART copper glitter mist, Tsukineko Walnut ink,  real leaf, Prima paper (Botanicals), Tim Holtz distressing ink in Tea Dye, gold glitter glue, stamped image, miscellaneous glittered leaves, vintage printed image, fiber trim, petite pine cones, vintage button, grosgrain ribbon and beads.

Nothing too fancy or out of my comfort zone since I haven't had much time as of late, but I love all the fiber trim and the vintage image.  The stamp is a new one from EK Success that I purchased on Etsy.  At this time of year, I always try to 'pay it forward' so-to-speak by making purchases from other shops.

Getting back to holiday preparations, I've just recently created these cute little burlap stocking ornaments and listed them for sale in my shop:

I used the old coffee sacks that I purchase a couple of years ago at a steal.
I've stuffed them with tissue paper to hold their shape on the tree, but they can also be filled with small candy canes and attached to a gift.  
Materials used:  vintage coffee sack burlap, vintage doilies, plaid ribbon, glittered berries, petite pine cones, gaffer tape, 26g black wire, gold mesh leaves and glittered chipboard snowflakes. 

What I absolutely love about these is that they've been created using scraps...not to mention how cute they are!

Well, I should get back to the studio to finish up on this week's orders, but I hope you all have a wonderful day.  I appreciate you stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!