Monday, November 14, 2011

...Vintage Holiday Decorating...

I love nothing more than an old time vintage feel when it comes to holiday decorating.  I especially love the ornaments handmade from old pieces of muslin or your grandmother's stained doilies....even vintage sheet music and book pages make a wonderful medium.  A beautiful way to re-purpose those cherished items (usually sitting in a draw or in the attic) so they can be enjoyed year after year.

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I've started creating for the holidays.  Honestly, crafting unique holiday items is one of my favorite things to do, and since I'm not participating in any craft fairs this year, I have plenty of items for sale in my Etsy shop.  

Crafted from vintage sheet music, silver buttons and mica flakes, these medallion ornaments are simple and stunning.  
Postcard images can be framed and embellished for a vintage feel. 
Clothes pin angels...
I created angels from vintage clothes pins, lace and my grandmother's old doilies.  I added tulle underneath for a fuller look.
I also added some ribbon, a floral pin and buttons. The wings were hand cut out of card stock and Prima paper then glittered, and the wire was attached behind the wings for hanging.  My daughter says it looks like a halo. :)


I also love to create gift tags and treat bags.  Even something as simple as a handmade gift tag adds charm to any gift.
These ticket tags are much more simple in style but still add that unique handmade charm...
And who doesn't like to get goodies for the holidays?  I created these treat bags out of old burlap coffee sacks and thought they would make a perfect presentation of those handmade cookies.  I can't take credit for the design though...this is just my take on it.  The original design is by Melissa Phillips.

I've created vintage paper wreaths and garland, mitten banners and tussies out of vintage items, and they can all be found at Reverie Creations.  Stop by, I'm sure you'll find something for your holiday decorating,  and if you leave a comment here and mention this blog post upon checkout, then you'll get 10% off your order (minus shipping costs).

Have a wonderful week, my friends!
Happy crafting!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!