Monday, August 30, 2010

The most amazing man.

We all have someone we adore and look up to.  I was blessed to have parents whom I cherish beyond words... for all they sacrificed in order to give me the most amazing childhood.  My dad isn't my biological father, but I've always considered that just a technicality.  Biology doesn't make you a dad.  Sitting down with you and meticulously going over algebra does a dad make.  Playing pass with you in the front yard makes you a dad.  Holding your hand in a crowd so you don't get lost makes you a dad.   Grounding you because you didn't make it home by curfew makes you a dad. 
I could go on and on, but the point is that anyone can be a father, but it takes a very special man to be a dad.
We celebrated my dad's 61st birthday this past weekend.  I made him this card (to go along with the gift that took me forever to find).  I wish I could remember where I got the design idea for the card because that person deserves the credit.
My dad is one of those men that has EVERYTHING!  So finding him the most perfect gift is essentially a month long process for me.  My dad carries Nitroglycerin tablets, and I found this amazing pill holder on Etsy made by the talented Nathan at moonskywoodworks.  It was crafted from a 217 year old elm tree that was just recently cut down in Yarmouth, Maine due to Dutch Elm Disease.  This tree, Herbie, gained notoriety on the national news with Katie Couric.  Perfect....practical and a piece of history.  He was impressed...with the pill holder and the Pumpkinhead Ale! 

Happy Birthday to the most amazing man in my life...my dad!

Thanks for spending some time with me and while you're browsing around the internet, take peak at Nathan's Etsy shop for that something special!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!